What's on at "The Berne"
For your convenience, here is our programme in calendar form. The /ATTA\ logo marks our series of mid-week trainings, Applied Topics in Transactional Analysis.
- Sat. 7 Dec.: Free seminar: "Family Scripts at Christmas" Will Roberts MSc PTSTA(P)
- Thur.-Fri. 16-17 Jan. 2014: Process Group Therapy Marathon with Adrienne Lee BA MPracNLP TSTA(P) This training experience will analyse and demonstrate the different styles and processes of leadership and work that can be done in a group setting according to the theory and practice of Transactional Analysis and Process Group Therapy. Trainee therapists in the group will have the opportunity to learn in awareness and log the appropriate TA training hours. Fee: Berne Institute members £185; non-members £195 (booking deposit £85)
- 25 Jan.: Free seminar: "What is Love?" Julia Tolley MBACP PTSTA(P)
- 22 Feb.: Free seminar: "Anger" Lin Cheung MSc PGCD PTSTA(P)
- Wed. 26 Feb.: /ATTA\: "EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprogramming" Frances Townsend MSc (TA Psych) CertCouns PGDip(Supervision) CertEMDR PTSTA(P) EMDR is a method of enabling the brain to process and integrate information that has been blocked by the "fight/flight" system. The practitioner uses bilateral brain stimulation to enable clients to process disturbing memories and emotions and facilitate them to reorganize their experience into a positive resource. The TA therapist can link this treatment and theory to Child Ego State deconfusion and Adult Ego state strengthening and decontamination. The therapist can use this effectively in the normal course of therapy as a crisis intervention and for early trauma that is not accessible in conscious memory. Fee: Berne Institute members £85; non-members £95 (booking deposit £30).
- Fri.-Sun. 28 Feb.-1 Mar.: Professional Excellence Workshop at The Berne Institute with Adrienne Lee, Ian Stewart and Mark Widdowson. Fee: £395 (booking deposit £95)
- Thur.-Fri. 13-14 Mar.: “TA 101”: Official Introduction to TA with Adrienne Lee BA MPracNLP TSTA(P) This introductory course will examine the theory of TA, including the structure of personality; transactions, or the way we relate to others; time structuring; the psychological “games” we play; and life scripts. This “TA 101” course is recognised by the British, European and international TA organizations as their standard approved introduction to TA. Fee: Berne Institute members £150; non-members £170 (booking deposit £50)
- 15 Mar.: Free seminar: "Claiming the Lost" Enid Welford TSTA(P)
- Weekend 22-23 Mar. 2014: Redecision Therapy Training Workshop with Ian Stewart BA PhD MPracNLP TSTA(P) This workshop offers an opportunity for intensive personal experience and “hands-on” learning of the Redecision approach. The workshop will include: Redecision therapy sessions led by Ian Stewart... teaching and discussion of Redecision theory and techniques... and small-group work where members of the group have the chance to practise Redecision therapy under Ian’s supervision. Fee: Berne Institute members £185; non-members £195 (booking deposit £85)
Venue and times: all workshops and seminars are held at Berne House, 29 Derby Road, Kegworth, Leicestershire DE74 2EN. Kegworth is some ten miles south of Nottingham. Our training centre, Berne House, is on the main A6 through the village, one mile from Junction 24 on the M1. The nearest railway station is East Midlands Parkway (3 miles) and the nearest airport is East Midlands (5 miles). Unless otherwise stated (see the information page for the workshop concerned), all workshops begin at 10 a.m. and end at 5 p.m., with normal breaks for lunch and refreshments. We provide light refreshments for breaks. Kegworth offers a wide range of restaurants, hotels and pubs for buying lunch. There are many options in and around Kegworth for hotel and B&B accommodation - for a current list, please see our Accommodation page. Seminar evenings begin at 7 p.m. for a drink and snack before the seminar (bring food to share, if you wish; “The Berne” provides light refreshments with wine and soft drinks). The seminar presentation itself runs from 7.30-9.00 p.m. Seminars are free of charge.
To join “The Berne”: membership of The Berne Institute is open to all who have an interest in psychotherapy, counselling or related fields. To become a “Berne” member, please send the annual membership fee of £50 to the Course Registrar at the address below. Alternatively, you may become a member by paying this membership fee on arrival at any workshop. For more details on the benefits of membership, please visit our Membership page.
Bookings and payment: to book a place on any Berne Institute workshop, or for further information, please write or call: The Course Registrar, The Berne Institute, 29 Derby Road, Kegworth DE74 2EN (tel/fax 01509-673649; email via our Contact page. Where a booking deposit is required, please send this with your booking. Please make cheques etc. payable to The Berne Institute, except where our web page specifically asks you to make cheques out to the presenter by name. The balance of the fee is payable on arrival.